Authenticate - Add/Update Facebook Account
1. Before Adding or Updating a Facebook account, ensure that you are logged into Facebook (in another window/tab) with the Facebook user account you want to Add or Update.
2. After 'Sign In' to your account, select 'Settings' from the navigation menu.
3. From the 'Settings' page, select 'Facebook Accounts' from the menu options on the left hand side.
4. Click the 'Add/Update Facebook Account' button/link.
5. From the pop-up window that opens select either:
6. If it is a first time Authentication, a pop-up screen from Facebook will ask you to confirm you would like to continue authenticating the HTC App. Click 'OK'.
7. The next pop-up screen from Facebook will ask you to set the privacy settings of your posts that will be made from the account. IMPORTANT - set privacy settings to PUBLIC to ensure that all your posts will be visible to all Group members, then click 'OK'. This does not effect your standard privacy settings for any other posts you make on your Facebook account, only the posts made from the account.
8. The final pop-up window from Facebook will ask you to confirm all actions. Click 'OK' to finalise. Next screen may be blank Facebook page, or 'page not found', close pop-up window.
9. Click the 'Get app access token' link. Facebook developers pop-up window will open with a long Access Token Code available. Double click on the Access Token Code to highlight it, then copy to clipboard. Very often with first time Authentication, Facebook returns a blank where the Access Token is supposed to be, if this happens, simply close the pop-up and repeat the process (i.e. - click on the 'Get app access token' link again) and this time an Access Token Code will be available. Close the pop-up when you have copied the Access Token Code to your clipboard.
10. Paste from clipboard, the Access Token Code into the input box, then select 'Add Facebook Account'. If your Access Token Code was correctly copied and pasted, you will receive a success message on screen. You can now close the pop-up window.
11. Your Facebook account has now been authenticated and/or updated. Click on the Home link at the top of the window (yourproperty.plus logo) to return to your listing.